Here are some sample Real Estate Listing Agent Interview Questions:
Listen as Emily Petroff our Director of Operations discusses how important it is to interview multiple listing agents and the kinds of questions you should ask….
- Do you work independently or with a team?
- If you work independently how do you handle the stress that comes with doing it all?
This might seem silly, but as a client of a Real Estate Agent this is likely your largest asset. It is important for you to know how they handle their mindset and doing every single thing for their clients.
- How many transactions have you closed?
The number of transactions will tell you how experienced this person is in contracts, negotiations, and keeping the other agents on track for a smooth transaction.
- How will you market my home?
Each home is unique and needs to have it’s very own marketing plan. Be careful that your agent isn’t just putting a sign in your yard and hoping the phone will ring.
- What are the top three things that separate you from your competitors?
If they cannot tell you how they are different and what they do differently…. you should RUN! How will they market your home well if they cannot market themselves well?
- How will you help me find appraisers, inspectors, contractors, title companies, mortgage brokers, etc…?
What is their network like? Is it extensive? Do they have relationships with these people?
- On average how many buyers are you actively working with?
If they are not doing some form of lead generation they are probably waiting for someone to find them… that doesn’t help you get your home sold!
- What is your strategy to meet my needs?
Did they ask you what your expectations are? Can they meet them? Are they willing to exceed them?
- How will you keep me informed/communicate?
What is your preferred method of communication? They should be willing to flex to your style.
- What is your approach to getting the BEST offer for me a multiple offer situation?
How are their negotiation skills? Do they know how to handle a multiple offer scenario other than just price?
- How long does it typically take sellers you work with to sell a home?
They should know their average Days on Market and the price range they most generally work within.